Tension continues to rise in Jerusalem and other parts of Israel as knife attacks continue.
The week started with a botched car bombing that killed the female bomber and injured a vigilant police officer. I didn’t even remember that happened last Sunday because so much has happened since. What follows is a partial list published by the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It seems they haven’t updated their list since Wednesday.
- October 11 – Maaleh Adumim-Jerusalem highway: Police officer lightly injured when he pulled over a driver acting suspiciously, and the (female) driver set off an explosive device.
- October 12
- Jerusalem: Stabbing attack foiled at Lion’s Gate in Jerusalem’s Old City. Terrorist (18, from eastern Jerusalem) was shot and killed.
- Jerusalem: Border policeman was stabbed and lightly injured by a female terrorist (16). The officer managed to shoot and stop her, and she was evacuated to hospital.
- Jerusalem: Two terrorists (both teenagers) stabbed and seriously wounded a man (25) and a boy (13) riding his bicycle. Police shot and killed one terrorist and apprehended the second.
- Jerusalem: Terrorist on bus stabbed a soldier (19) and tried to grab his gun. After a struggle, the terrorist was shot and killed by a police officer.
- October 13 – Jerusalem: Two terrorists, both residents of the adjacent Jabel Mukaber neighborhood, boarded an Egged bus in East Talpiot in southern Jerusalem, one armed with a gun and the other with a knife. Chaim Haviv, 78, and Alon Andrei Govberg, 51 were killed, and 15 wounded, several seriously. One terrorist killed by police, second apprehended.
- October 14
- Jerusalem: A terrorist stabbed a 72-year-old woman, inflicting light-to-moderate wounds, outside the Central Bus Station in Jerusalem. He then attemped to board an Egged bus before being shot dead by a Border Policeman. The terrorist (23) was a resident of Jerusalem’s Ras al-Amud neighborhood. Following the attack, 31 people suffering from anxiety and shock were admitted to city hospitals.
- Earlier, a knife-wielding terrorist was shot dead by Border Policemen at Damascus Gate in Jerusalem’s Old City before he was able to hurt anyone.
Thursday was relatively quiet. Friday and Saturday, not so much.
Below is a video chronicling the many of the above attacks in a one-minute video. WARNING: Graphic images. Israel continues to release the security video footage to counter those who say the attacks aren’t happening.
Paper.li works a little like a newspaper. It categorizes the news into topics and is interactive. Click a topic on the right-hand column to “flip the page” and see another set of headlines. #Church includes headlines about persecution of the brothers. #Israel as all stories about “the apple of God’s eye.” #Matthew24 highlight end-time birth pangs detailed by Jesus.
Click the image below to read this week’s headlines archived at Paper.li.