Believers who are called to love Israel should also have a heart for the Arab world. It is heart-breaking to watch war and not peace break out again in Israel. Yet Isaiah calls us all in Isaiah 40:2 to “speak over the heart of Jerusalem.” Truth and love must blend in our heart and our message to Israel. Rodney King-type appeals (“Why can’t we all just get along?”) are not the need of the moment, and have an unreal kumbaya quality to them. This is a time for war, not a time for peace.
Unity and love between Jews and Arabs is a prime value and a deep necessity. But God is not about the business of creating ‘one new ostrich.’ When concerted efforts to destroy the Jewish people arise, Messianic Jews and believing Arabs need to look unflinchingly upon murderous Islamist violence and destructive strategies, call them for what they are, reject them and take a bold and public stand against them. Anything less than that will not carry the day.
Stay on target
How can we remain balanced in a time of war? The first point would be to hold to the truth of the Word in the presence of the Holy Spirit. All viewpoints about Israel, the Jewish people, God’s intentions and covenant promises regarding the Land, eschatological beliefs – all of these must be shaped and seasoned by the clear teachings of Scripture. The Islamist denial of irrevocable Jewish covenantal connections flies in the face of YHVH’s heart, Paul’s apostolic teaching and Jewish history. When Replacement theology, BDS movements or even pseudo-reconciliation teachings justify such denials of God’s word, their false narratives must bow before the Messiah of Israel’s burning throne.
Here are seven short Biblical concepts to remember:
- The Jewish people have irrevocable gifts and calling (Romans 11:29)
- The God of Israel promises to restore them to their land for good, for blessing and for salvation (Jeremiah 30:1-2, 10-11, 15-22; 31; 32:36-44 etc.)
- God will judge Israel’s enemies who scornfully and falsely claim that Israel belongs to them (Ezekiel 36:1-12; Psalm 83:1-12)
- The whole world will turn against Israel over the issue of settlements and land, and will be judged for this by Yeshua Himself immediately at His Second Coming (Joel 3:1-2, 19-21; Zechariah 14:1-4, 12-15)
- God will purify His people through these great trials and call them back into covenant with Himself (Zechariah 12:10; 13:1, 8-9; Hosea 5:14-6:3)
- God will forge Israel into the mightiest army the world has seen through this smelting process (Ezekiel 37:9-11; Isaiah 41: 14-16)
- The Jewish people and Jerusalem will be the center of the world and will reflect God’s glory to all the nations (Ezekiel 38:12; Daniel 11:41; Isaiah 2:1-4; Jeremiah 3:17; Matthew 19:28)
(Excerpt of blog post Rocket Man at DavidsTent.org)