Full moon over Old City Jerusalem

‘Super moon’ over Jerusalem

Posted on

by — Posted in In Pictures, Israel, Travelogue

This weekend, the moon was the closest to the earth during it’s fullest phase, giving us a “super moon.” While in North America the full moon was Saturday night, in Jerusalem it was at its fullest on Sunday night.

Next time I’ve got to get higher so I can get the moon lower on the horizon to increase the “super” effect. But here is the full moon rising over the Old City walls.

Full moon over Old City Jerusalem

12 thoughts on “‘Super moon’ over Jerusalem

1. Poor Necia ;/
    In our southwestern desert the moon was huge and called a “Flower Moon”. Perhaps one day she and Richard can come visit from coast to coast. I sense they would like the Southwest.

1. :0) I’m sure we would like it. ‘Flower Moon’ seems strange but I am sure it would look amazing with the backdrop of the desert. Can just imagine it.

2. [imported from RoamingChile.com]