Egypt is holding their first presidential election since the ouster of Hosni Mubarak. We must pray God’s will is done in His time (read a prophetic word from Rick Ridings in October on what may be on the horizon for Middle East).
I just received a list of prayer requests from Egypt.
- Please be praying for peace from within and without (with our neighbors)
- For the Lord to have His way with my people (who’re His people) in dreams/visions
- For His perfect love to cast out all fear and confusion (1 John 4:18, 2 Tim. 1:7)
- For His bride (body of believers) here to see her Groom, Jesus, like never before, to love Him wholeheartedly
- For His glory to dwell in our midst (even if this means persecution)
- For an altar of worship to be built as monument for the LORD (see Isaiah 19)
The writer from Egypt references Isaiah 19. It is a judgment prophesy on Egypt. What is astounding is what God says in the last three verses:
On that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Ashur (Assyria). Ashur will come to Egypt and Egypt to Ashur, and Egypt will worship with Ashur. On that day Isra’el will be a third partner with Egypt and Ashur, a blessing here on earth; for ADONAI Tzva’ot has blessed him:
“Blessed be Egypt my people, Ashur the work of my hands and Isra’el my heritage.” (CJB)
The Assyrian Empire, at its peak, included all or part of the following modern nations; Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia.
Meditate on the radicalness of God’s Middle East plan laid out at the end of Isaiah 19 and how God is prepared to totally go against the strife that has gripped the region for generations.
I will share more on the Isaiah 19 vision as a preface to testimonies of how the highway is being built already. Stay tuned.